For one of my professional goals for 2015, I said that I would finally take the exam that will move me forward in my career…
To do this, I said I would put together a study schedule so that I would have a plan that I could follow to get everything done on time. I said I would do that in January, and here it is almost the end of February and I am just now putting together the plan.
Better late than never, right? So here’s the list of what I have to do with my self-imposed “Due Dates”:
- register for exam – Done!
- register for 2 day seminar – Done!
- complete required documentation – Due date = Feb 28th (work on it on Friday night if I don’t get it done before then)
- get required references sorted out – Due date = March 2nd
- attend 2 day seminar (March 5&6)
- study / read 2 text books & 5 online references:
- week 1 – Mar 2-8: read 2-3 online references. make notes.
- week 2 – Mar 9-15: read first half first text book. make notes.
- week 3 – Mar 16-22: read other half first text book. make notes.
- week 4 – Mar 23-29: read 2-3 online references. make notes.
- week 5 – Mar 30-Apr 5: read first half second text book. make notes.
- week 6 – Apr 6-12: read other half second text book. make notes.
- week 7 – Apr 13-19: review all notes & do practice questions. CRAM!!!
- write exam (April 20th)
I haven’t studied for anything in almost 10 years… Any one have any good study tips?
I guess I better get my desk cleaned up so I have a place to study…