I’m starting this blog to work on my goals in order to make me an all-round better version of me.
I’ve discussed my financial goals in this post, but here is a quick summary:
1. Make (and stick to) monthly budgets.
2. Save for planned spending.
Wedding: currently at 97%. Deadline end of January. Done!
Fiancé’s Education: currently at 0%. Deadline (end of May) sometime in the fall? * November 1st. **** Done!
Home Renos: currently at 0% 36%** 96%***. Deadline end of July. Done!
3. Increase my RRSP (
contribution to 40% of my cap) total to $36,000. * $48,000. ** $50,000.***
4. Increase my TFSA contribution to (
12% of my cap) $4,400. *
5. Start an Emergency Fund.
($10,000) * ($3000 by Dec 31)****
My professional/career related goals are discussed in this post.
Write my Exam in April. Exam written… now to wait for the results… ** Passed!!*** Done!
1a. Finish required paperwork by Canadian Thanksgiving (October 12th)
2. Be more productive at work.
3. Read 1 text per month (12 total for 2015) to expand my work related knowledge base. Abandoned…
Health & Fitness Goals
I explained my more traditional health and fitness new year’s goals in this post.
1. Lose 15lbs before my wedding in August. Fail! +
New Goal: 10lbs by the end of the year. +
2. Run 10k in under 60 minutes. (Pass-ish)
Run 1/2 marathon in 2 hours. Abandoned… +
New Goal: Run 8k at the same pace (45 minutes) +
4. Run or do other fitness at least 3 times per week.
5. Create a weekly meal plan.
6. Limit myself to 7 drinks / week.
These goals cover a variety of areas in my life and I explain them in detail here.
Complete a weekly decluttering task. Abandoned… +
New Goal: Finish the 31 day challenge by Christmas. +
2. Plan & follow through with a plan for our backyard gardens. *** partial success
3. Make a schedule for all wedding related tasks with deadlines and follow it. Done! +
*Updated March 2, 2015
**Updated May 1, 2015
***Updated June 1, 2015
****Updated August 27, 2015
+ Updated September 14, 2015