After the difficulty with keeping up with the mins game (and keeping records and tracking everything that I decluttered for that challenge) I sort of stopped keeping track of things that were leaving our house… But… That doesn’t mean things haven’t been leaving…
With all the kitchen and dining room stuff moving in to the basement, we had to finally pull a bunch of things out of the cupboards, and I have taken the opportunity to get rid of things that have just been taking up space. Here’s an incomplete, but best estimate based on my memory, list of what has left our house in the last few weeks:
- dog crate (Bentley doesn’t fit it anymore)
- magic bullet x 2 ( I want to get a full blown blender for my new kitchen… preferably a vita-mix or equivalent… and yes, we had 2 magic bullets… from when we combined households)
- mini food processor (since I got my full sized one, I don’t use the mini one at all)
- kitchen table + 4 chairs (the new space won’t work with this old one, and a friend was moving in to a new place and needed a table)
- my old stereo (the one I got in high school for my bedroom – it had been sitting in our basement unused since we moved in to the house)
- a big book shelf (from the basement – held a bunch of things that honestly we should either get rid of or find a better location for… this also went to the friend who was moving in to a new place)
- a giant bag of old jerseys from my field hockey club (too old to be used anymore)
- a push lawn mower (my husband got a fancy gas powered one for his birthday)
- a TV stand that used to hold our TV in our old place (hasn’t been used in this place)
And that’s just an estimate of what I remember… I know my husband disposed of some other items that I just don’t know about… Quite a few of these items were sold on VarageSale, so we gained a little spending money from them.
Do you find it easier to just do random decluttering rather than specific challenges?