A while back Downstairs and In Debt did a post on being thankful, and Debt Cents and Time did a similar post… It got me thinking about all the things that I am so lucky to have in my life. And I don’t necessarily mean things in the sense of physical stuff that you can hold… I decided that I would think on it a bit and perhaps follow suit and write a post of my own. (Sorry if I am copying your post without realizing it…)
I’ve read a lot of blog posts and some books that discuss leading a mindful life, and it is something that I aspire to. I’d like to get to a point where I make the time to meditate and/or do yoga every day, but for now I’ll just work on trying to be aware of living mindfully and try to get out of the autopilot that I have a tendency to fall into.
So, for today’s project I wanted to think on a few little things that I am grateful or thankful for. In no particular order…
- Being Canadian. I love my country. It has it’s issues, but I’m very privileged to live here.
- My health. I am lucky that I haven’t yet been burdened with the physical or financial strains of any major illness or injury. (knock-on-wood)
- My fiance. He’s my best friend and partner in everything. I love him!
- My job. It challenges my brain and also pays for the lifestyle that I am lucky enough to lead.
- Chocolate & Peanut Butter. Mmmmm… So delicious…
- Soccer. Playing soccer has introduced me to so many of my close friends. Plus it has the added benefit of helping my fitness.
- My cats. They are such goofballs, and add so much enjoyment to my days.
- Travel. I have had the opportunity to see a lot of the world already. There are so many places I’d like to see still, but I love thinking back and remembering all the cool places I’ve been.
There are many, many more things that I could list, but I think that is enough for today. I think I’ll share a couple of the photos from some of my travels:
Do you ever think of living mindfully? What are you thankful for?